I have a ton of stuff I’m working on, so I thought I’d keep you guys in the loop and also get some feedback. Here’s whats been going on.
– I’ve updated the macros section, the talent reviews, and “the pets” page with new information.
– Next up for updating is the talent tree reccomendations. These are kinda tough as now there are these new talents, but still the same amount of points, and things are getting complicated. I’ll be putting up some builds and dealing with it as best I can, and over time I may change them as we see the impact of the new moves and decide which ones are best.
– This leaves the Tanking and Pet Stats pages. Both are in need of some serious updates. The pet stat formulas have been changed, and it will take some testing and theorycraft to pin them down.
– This leads to the next thing im working on, getting us some forums tied to the site. Based on some of the email conversations ive had, we could be the ‘elitist jerks’ of pet tanking. (the knowledgeable part, not the jerk part) I don’t have money to buy hosting, so it will need to be free forums, im looking at some now, if anyone has any recommendations, that would be great.
– I also got a digital drawing tablet, and have started to experiment with that. Once things get a little more sane, I intend to do some tenacity/hunter based art, and maybe a new icon ( i really like my current one though ). If anyone has some cool suggestions, I’m all ears.
– Last night I got my first chance to do some raid tanking with my guild. I know I know, im totally behind the ball on this, but I posted durantes sapphiron movie on my guild forums and my guild asked me to fill in as an off tank for Naxxramas last night. I had my tanking set and build ready ( yay dual spec ). I think that the combo of dual spec ( they can ask me to go back to dps at any time ) plus the video really changed some minds on the issue. The raid went well, I off tanked the first two bosses of the spider wing, and the first boss in the plauge wing. On bosses where no off tank was needed I switched to my raid dps build, and there were only a few instances where I was needed for trash, and even those could have been done without me, the trash is pretty easy given peoples gear these days. I helped out with the shades and the gargoyles.
My turtle took hits like a champ, and I handled positioning and target acquisition ok, but there was room for improvement. Overall i think i made a very good impression, and the gms and raid leaders were excited about the prospect of using the turtle more often, and even saw it as having advantages over a player offtank in some ways. Woot! I am very excited about future raids, and I am eager to keep upgrading my tanking set to expand my capabilities.
– I’m also toying with the idea of writing an addon to track the pet’s threat on multiple targets, kinda like a pet omen, as well as helping out with some of the other logistics of setting focuses and macros, mend pet timing, etc. Realistically, i wont have time for this, so if someone else has experience with addons and wants to talk over some ideas, please email me.
Let the Hunt begin!